G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We want you to know when we store which data and how we use it. The following statement gives you an overview of how we guarantee the protection of your personal data and our duty to inform you regarding the collection of personal data.
- processing operations
G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH (owner of the registered trademark MavenPress) processes personal data when you use our website to place an order, for example. In order to be able to do this, we ask you to indicate your name, your email address, telephone number and address. In any case, we will know your identity upon receipt of this information.
The website of G&U and MavenPress and the offers contained therein are processed in Germany on servers of domainfactory GmbH, Oskar-Messter-Str. 33, 85737 Ismaning, Germany.
To protect against misuse of our Internet ordering system, the log data is stored for an appropriate period of time, irrespective of whether an order is placed.
- Purpose of the processing of personal data
G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH processes personal data for two basic purposes:
- To process your purchase
- In order to meet your request for contact
- legal bases of processing and storage period
- legal obligation to store data in accordance with §257 HGB (German Commercial Code) and 147 AO (Fee Regulations) with regard to the contractual processing of a sales transaction.
- legality of processing in accordance with Article 6 DS-GMO(1a) - if consent is given; paragraph 1b - if processing is necessary for contractual measures, 1f - to establish a customer profile
Your personal data, which are required for the fulfilment of contractual obligations, remain stored in accordance with the legal retention periods.
Your personal data, which we need for information purposes, remain stored until you have objected to the processing of the aforementioned purposes or a aforementioned purpose.
- right to information
You have the right to receive information about your personal data processed by G&U Language & Publishing Services, unless legal/contractual storage regulations justify the data processing.
- right of objection / right to "oblivion", right to correction, deletion, restriction of data processing and right to data transferability
You have the possibility to object to the data processing. The data will then be deleted insofar as this would not require a disproportionate effort and this is possible according to the applicable law. The processing of personal data, which must be stored in order to fulfil the contract and the resulting legal retention periods, cannot be effectively objected to.
Note: G&U cannot guarantee that data on the Internet will no longer be available or will be misused by third parties, as the use of social networks, for example, generally entails data protection risks.
You also have the right to correct inaccurate data and to restrict data processing and transferability to a machine-readable format.
In the event of a complaint, please contact G&U. You can also contact the supervisory authority with a complaint (addresses see below).
- transmission to third parties / data recipient
G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH will only pass on your personal data to third parties under the following conditions:
- if you have consented to the transmission
- or if it becomes necessary for the execution of your order or services that you wish to make use of.
- . if an enforceable official or court order exists
Insofar as we are legally or by court order obliged to do so, we will not Transfer data to authorities entitled to receive information.
- social media / links to other websites
G&U/MavenPress® reserves the right to be present in social online networks offered by other companies (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.).
Details on the processing of the data can be found here:
Although we select our business partners carefully, we cannot assume any guarantee and liability for the accuracy or completeness of the contents and data security of third-party websites. Therefore this data protection declaration does not apply to linked websites of third parties.
As a content provider, G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH is responsible for its own content, which it makes available for use, in accordance with general laws. Cross-references ("external links") to the contents provided by other providers are to be distinguished from these own contents. These external contents neither originate from G&U or MavenPress® nor does G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH have the possibility to influence the contents of third party sites. The contents of external sites to which G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH refers via links do not reflect the opinion of G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH, but merely serve for information and the presentation of contexts.
Cookies help us to provide our services. By using our services, you agree that we may set cookies.
- Privacy by Design / Privacy by Default (security of data processing)
G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH endeavours to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and destruction.
- Encryption (technical security): Your order data is encrypted for security reasons during the online purchase (web shop).
- Employees in Sales & Service (organisational security): All employees of G&U Language & Publshing Services GmbH who deal with the processing of customer data are committed to the correct handling of personal data under data protection law and are regularly trained/sensitised.
- Responsible party
G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbHGroße Str. 1224937 Flensburg
Our employees are familiar with the data protection regulations and are obliged to strictly observe them. If we use external contractors to provide offers or services, they are bound by the data protection regulations.
- contact person for data protection at G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH/MavenPress
Volker GronauGroße Str. 1224937 FlensburgTel. 0461/144920
- Competent supervisory authority for data protection
Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-HolsteinMarit HansenLandesbeauftragte für Datenschutz Schleswig-HolsteinPO Box 71 1624171 Kiel
- Changes to this data protection declaration
If we introduce new services, change Internet procedures or if Internet and EDP security technology develops further, the data protection declaration must be updated. We therefore reserve the right to amend or supplement the declaration as required. We will publish the change here. You should therefore regularly visit this website to find out about the current status of the data protection declaration.
Despite careful checking, no liability can be assumed for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of these web pages. In particular, G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH accepts no liability for any damage or consequences arising from the direct or indirect use of the content offered.
Your contact for data protection at G&U Language & Publishing Services GmbH/MavenPress